Kat

My photo
Drums, Pa, United States
My heart is on my sleeve and my soul is on paper. Please be kind to those around you, we are all glass.

The richness of sybolism

The richness of sybolism
Telling my story with no words

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bathtub

I could go crazy right here, right now in this bathtub. I could never speak again. I could hold my book, feel the water climb down my back and dim my eyes to the lullaby of candlelight. I could easily do this as I think my thoughts of this world…why it spins this way and how we can make it better. Just the symptoms of the last ten hours; the surprising tears brought by hearing the Carpenters, remembering my dad singing it and knowing I must have been the most loved girl in the world. Thinking about the statue of liberty and wondering why her sentiment was endearing then when people passed by on boats in big hats drenched in sepia tones waiting to change their names at Ellis Island. Why is it not so now? I am going to continue to plight of the statue, I will take your poor, your refuse. Thinking I don’t want stale love, there will be a way to keep it fresh and I will not accept or give less.

No comments: