Kat

My photo
Drums, Pa, United States
My heart is on my sleeve and my soul is on paper. Please be kind to those around you, we are all glass.

The richness of sybolism

The richness of sybolism
Telling my story with no words

Sunday, January 10, 2010

What a good little cellular membrane you are!

Our bodies are amazingly intricate and so perfectly made to work even at the most basic cellular level. The body is built from the cell and the cell has always intrigued me, until now just because I am a biology dork.
Today I thought of it in a new way. One of my soulmates and I were talking about how we wish we could be soft when we need to be and hard when times call for it but we find ourselves leaning more 1 way than the other and not being particularly fair about it. Sometimes we get so hurt that we harden in every area and other times we are too soft for our own good and let people take advantage.
If only our hearts and souls and minds could be as smart as the tiny cells that they are made of. Cells are selectively permeable. This means they know instantly what they should let in and let out depending on how the substance will serve or harm. They do this millions of times a day without us having any knowledge of it. The cell wall is the bouncer, nothing gets in without a purpose and nothing gets out without permission....likewise when something becomes toxic the cell expelles it. No nonsense. So if we could just get ourselves trained to be the same with what we allow to flow in and out of us, no compromises and no questions ....we would be hot!I am tired of others negativity becoming my own, tired of letting the blackness of their souls leech into mine. I am me, I am happy, life is good and i am glad i payed attention in 8th grade biology.

No comments: