Kat

My photo
Drums, Pa, United States
My heart is on my sleeve and my soul is on paper. Please be kind to those around you, we are all glass.

The richness of sybolism

The richness of sybolism
Telling my story with no words

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Miss Tranguch taught me about this in high school biology

Validity vs. accuracy. You know what made me think about this? Seriously people this is how my brain works. i was in the shower and tossed 2 empty containers out over the curtain in the general direction of the garbage can hoping i didn't leave the toilet seat open :) so i actually end up getting both in the sink right next to each other. this is validity. i didn't intend on getting them in the sink b/c that is not where they belong, however my shot was consistent albeit wrong. if i would have gotten them both into the garbage i would have had accuracy and validity. so, true to pattern, i am thinking heavily in the shower about how this can be applied to life..any area really. sometimes we try so hard to aim for the right thing and we have consistency but we hit the wrong target over and over. this really is not helpful b/c after so many times we think we are actually hitting our target just b/c things end up in the same place time and time again. my compass is broken. i have a movable target to suite my bad accuracy. this is not helpful, in fact its very destructive. now, i recognize and am trying to rely on the real compass and think about what i should do and what is right until my own compass gets back from the shop.

No comments: